ASSO. PROF. PATRICIA I. AMILHUSSIN, Ed.D.
Dean, School of Arts and Sciences
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SCIENCES – VMGO
The Sulu State College as Center of Excellence in BARMM, producing globally competitive graduate and as institutional stewards in the development of the region.
Sulu State College (SSC) is committed to develop academic stalwarts and globally competent professionals, producing cutting-edge research and technologies for sustainable development; engage in partnership and viable resource generation programs.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ACADEMIC UNIT
1. To offer appropriate coursework that will develop the student’s degree of competence in his/her chosen field of specialization necessary for immediate gainful employment, or as foundation for further training beyond the baccalaureate degree.
2. To encourage the development of human and humane knowledge in the Arts, Sciences and Humanities through accessible and contemporary education.
3. To develop critical thinking, effective communication, sound judgment, and formation of values.
4. To continuously upgrade the competencies of the faculty and personnel through closer supervision and well planned faculty staff development program.
5. To conduct evaluation and review of existing curricula, management system and processes in the School in order to promote efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor of Arts Major in English
- Bachelor of Arts Major in History
- Bachelor of Arts Major in Islamic Studies