The Sulu State College as Center of Excellence in BARMM, producing globally competitive graduates and as institutional stewards in the development of the region.
SSC is committed to develop academic stalwarts and globally competent professionals; producing cutting edge research, knowledge and technologies for sustainable development; engage in partnerships and viable resource generation programs.
Sulu State College is mandated to provide higher technological, professional, and vocational instruction and training in science, agricultural and industrial fields, as well as short-term technical or vocational courses. It shall promote research, advance studies, and progressive leadership in its areas of specialization (Philippine Batas Pambansa Bilang 208 Section 2). To the latter ends, the college believes in a system of management devolution to effect an efficient and effective supervision of processes and resources for a sustained delivery of quality outputs, the generation of knowledge on a more global orientation, and the provision of its academic resources, to the extent feasible, to institutions both local and international, that are involved in development activities
THE GUIDING VALUES
Underpinning all its aspirations and plans, the College shall be guided by the following principles and values:
Solidarity – displaying a deep commitment to the mission and vision of the College where a collegial and unified system of governance is continuously nurtured and sustained to promote mutual respect and understanding, where effective collaboration motivates all synergistic relationships among its members;
Professionalism – We commit to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism and abide with the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and other pertinent government regulations in pursuit of honesty, transparency, efficiency, and effective public service;
Integrity – Unstained credibility and whose reputation is unsullied by the trends of
Commitment – We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the communities we serve;
Excellence – maintaining the highest standards of academic and service excellence in the performance of its mandated functions: instruction, research, and extension.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Produce globally competitive and morally upright graduates.
- Develop a strong Research Development and Extension (RDE) culture with competent human resource and responsive and relevant researches that are adopted and utilized for development
- Resource management Effective and efficient generation, allocation, and utilization of resources
- Contribute to the Socio – Economic Development in Sulu
The College aims to:
1. Produce graduates who are ethical, responsible, motivated, pro-active and experts in instruction, production and management, processing and delivery technologies for the agriculture and industrial sectors;
2. Develop technologies that are relevant, problem-solving and directly addressed intended sectors to minimize disaster risk, cope with climate change, enhance the sustainable use of resources and improve productivity;
3. Develop appropriate technology transfer models and community development schemes for greater appreciation and application of science and technology to improve productivity;
4. Establish Agri-ecotourism, Agri-preneurship and industrial enterprises to complement instruction, research and extension functions and for institutional self-reliance to improve fiscal capability;
5. Maintain a morally strong, committed, responsive, and dynamic manpower to effectively carry-out balanced curricular and development programs;
6. Provide adequate state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and infrastructure; and,
7. Provide responsive support services to effectively carryout institutional programs and projects.